Tuesday, November 4, 2008

The History of Esse

I actually wrote this early this morning right before my flight. In fact I nearly missed my flight because I lost track of time. I did in fact arrive at the gate as they were loading my flight. My current companion for this portion of the trip is out looking to buy a bottle of lube, apparently we already used one small tube, some good stories to cum about this trip.


Esse and I go way back. I met her way back in somewhere around 1991. My family moved to the other side of the neighborhood, leaving me far enough from my friends that I would not be able to see them on a regular basis. Esse was the girl next door (more like down the street and around the corner). I saw her outside rollerskating and after i was able to work up the nerve, I went out to go rollerskating with her. Looking back at the time we met, neither of can really agree when or how we actually met, this is just my recollection of this major event in my life.

The courtship

After a few months of being friends at the tender age of 11, my hormones started to kick in. I was in love. One summer day we were together, I grabbed her by the hand, and professed my love. She didn't reject me! We "dated", or rather we continued the friendship we had already established, with slightly more hand holding. This was the greatest time in this young mans life. I had a girlfriend who I loved, and she loved me too. What more could I ask for?

The kiss

The first kiss of every child is memorable, and mine is definately engrained in my mind. We went to the local park, and found a tree that was well suited to climb into. Sitting on that branch I had it in my mind to actually kiss her. I was going to kiss her. I was completely nervous, and I told her to hold her hands out and close her eyes so i could give her a present. I closed my eyes, leaned in, and put my tounge right in her nose. We did kiss that day, and it was great.

The breakup

Some more time went by and we continued to kiss and hold hands, and do all the cutesy things that children do at that age. Then she found out I was cheating on her. I hadn't really but someone told her I was spotted holding hands with another girl. She dumped chocolate milk in my hair and didn't talk to me for a few months.

The reconciliation

I was dating a friend of hers, the year was 1994. We had reconciled already, and our friendship was blossoming. My relationship with our mutual friend was on the rocks. I didn't really care for my girlfriend, and was only with her to keep another friend happy. Esse had a boyfriend too, and one day we decided to break into the apartment my family had just moved out of to drink. The four of us drank our way into stupidity in my old and completely empty apartment. Her boyfriend and my girlfriend somehow paired up and went into one of the bedrooms to be alone, which left us alone. And we did what any normal, drunk, horney teens would do in an empty house. He went into a bed room closed the door, and fondled each other into happiness, eventually leaving a little bit of me on the carpet.

Through the years

We continued this game of meeting up and fooling around for the next few years. There is one time that does stand out in my mind. She had invited me over to her house one night for a late night romp. I snuck in through her window trying to be as quiet as I could so I would not alert her parents. We eventually wound up naked on her bed, and we were loud enough to wake the dead. Then her mom knocked on the door. I juped for the closet to hide, leaving my clothes on the floor. She opened the door for her mother, and did her best to keep her mother from entering our current love nest. Esse did manage to hide my clothes under her bed, and after a few minutes her mother did leave, giving me a chance to make my escape. While I was getting my clothes together her mother opened the door again, and I was barely able to hide behind her bed. After her mother talked for what seemed to me in my nakedness to be an eternity, she finally left giving me a chance to leave. I had barely opened the window, when I saw her mother behind me in the reflection of the glass. I didn't hesitate, and just rolled out the window, completely nude, onto the hard concrete bellow. I didn't know what else to do except run. I didn't look back. I didn't stop. I just ran as fast as I could, I ran like my name was Forest Gump. Now realize that I grew up in New York City, so the route to my home was through some fairly populated areas, even in the middle of the night. I did get home, and I covered myself as best as I could with my one hand, but a naked 16 year old boy running through the street will attract some level of attention. I didn't talk to her for a little while after that, not for lack of trying, I just never saw her, she was stuck in the house against her will.

Today, tomorrow and beyond

We are still great friends, and I do love her, but we will never be together again. The relationship that we have today is one of mutual respect and friendship. We talk, openly. I tell her almost everything, and she does the same. She prefers married older men, and she always has some kind of drama in her life. We talk a few times a week, and go out to dinner or lunch on a regular basis. She has been my excuse for my infidelity on more than one occasion,and she fully understands what she needs to say and do. I have never actually slept with her either, nor do I ever think I will. we have had the chance many times over the years, but for some reason it just never happened. Both of us have expressed the interest in actually living out that one missing part of our friendship, but where would that leave us? Where we are now is comfortable, and we are both happy being apart.

No comments: