Monday, November 3, 2008

TMI Tuesday #159

1. Have you ever had a moving violation? An auto accident? That was your fault?

Yes, yes and yes.

My first was a speeding ticket within a week of getting my liscense, 28 in a 25. That police officer must have had a bad day, because three miles per hour is most definately an accident, not intentional, and completely within reason that I actually had no intent to speed. A few months ago I was on my bike heading out to meet with some friends. I almost missed an exit, and wound up cutting across a solid white dividing line, onto an off ramp, which I took at a slightly higher than legal speed. The problem was that I did it right in front of the local highway patrol. I recieved two tickets for that, one for illegal lane change, and one for speeding (59 in a 25). I was able to go to court and talk both of those down to non-moving violation tickets and I paid the slightly higher fee that went along with it.

My first accident was my stupidity. I was speeding on a dirt road in Georgia, just north of Atlanta. I am sure that my excessive speed had something to do with me spinning out while going around a corner. I would have been alright had there not been a tree on the side of the road. My most recent accident was not my fault. I was driving in the middle of the night, at the speed limit on a major road. Out of the dark an eye appeared, and I hit it. It turned out to be a deer, which destroyed my windshield, but he was alright, he just stood up and walked away.

It's always my fault, even when it is not. I have decided not to argue and just accept that I am wrong. This goes for everything else too.


2. Have you ever voted? How old was your were you the first time you voted?

I was 20, and I voted for Al Gore.


3. Are you glad this election cycle is over?

Yes. I do enjoy politics, but right now I am just plain sick of it. The two major political parties have become very good at figuring out what they need to say to win the votes of 51% of the population in each of the "swing states". I personally don't believe that either one of them are out to destroy the country, but I don't believe a word either of them has said.

4. Do you have guilty pleasure? What is it (or are they)?

Do I really need to answer this? Do people count?


5. What is the most embarrassing thing you have done recently?

The only thing I can think of is about a month ago. I parked my bike on the shoulder of a road, put the kickstand down and got off. Except the bike fell over, I hadn't fully lowered the kickstand and it popped back up when I leaned the bike on it. There was nobody around but I lifted the bike upright as fast as I could before anyone could see.


Bonus: How much impact has the Wall Street and general economic wilt had on you?

Business is great, I am busier than ever, and my employment is currently very secure.

1 comment:

Ms. Inconspicuous said...

I hate that politics get to that "I'm sick of it" point for most people. Because, really, it shouldn't be that way. It should be a passion shared, not a deluge.